Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Work

I didn't have a chance to post this weekend mainly because John was home and that means I must entertain him. We ended up going to town on Friday so I was only able to knit Friday evening and a bit while we were driving to town and back. Saturday the paddlefest was going on here in Likely so I knit a bit in the AM and then a bit in the evening, but did go down to the pub for the Paddlefest party and didn't get home until Midnight! Today though, John read some old Westerns, it was raining and I knit like a fiend. I was able to start and complete this little sweater for Bronson.


Pattern: Little Viking - from Top Down for Toddlers book. Pattern by Megan Lacey

Yarn: Elann Luxury Merino Superwash (4 balls navy, partial skeins of camel, cream and red)

Needles: Size 3.5 circulars for the sweater and 3 1/4 's for doing the sleeves in the round.
Size 2
Made for my grandson Bronson
The sweater is a simple knit all done in one piece, neck down, knit sleeves when you get to them then continue down. The only downside is doing the pattern back and forth. I'm not a fan of purling with 2 colors. But it was only for a short time so was able to manage it without pulling my hair out.
Just joined the KAL for the She-Knits bowling bag. Its an adorable pattern and will be fun to knit along with everyone else. I had to get busy and get the yarn ordered. Cal from www.shuttleworks.com . Hopefully he'll have the colors I want in stock and I won't have to wait to long. Its great doing business with shuttleworks, their customer service is great, plus they are Canadian.
Good news the insurance company is going to pay for the Volkswagen Yes they wrote it off. we were worried since Richard didn't have his drivers license when he took it out for a ride. (what was he thinking?)
Well must run, work tomorrow and I want to work on my Cat Bordhi socks before I have to go to bed.

No comments: