Monday, February 27, 2006
Well they are done! Yes I cast on around 12:30 yesterday and knit madly until 9:00. They didn't take long once I got started as they are knit with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted. Its fantastic to knit with...I rarely use such thick yarn these days so it was nice to have a project knit up quickly.
I am sort of glad I had the opportunity to knit one yesterday and then unravel as it gave me pause to think I may want a bit of reshaping. I modified the original pattern slightly by adding two garter stitches on either side of the top of the foot as I found that the ribbing curled slightly. I also made the top of the foot shorter, in turn making the open heel slightly less open. I like it better. I should have gone an extra inch in the lenght though, and perhaps a little longer on the band around the foot, but I have to keep in mind this aren't for my wide size 10's but for my mother's narrow size 9's. Hopefully they'll fit and she will use them when doing her jazzercise!