Friday, March 30, 2007

Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend


Shawl Club
Originally uploaded by jandjgagnon.

I don't think I've mentioned this beauty before. Its been languishing in my UFO pile. One has to be in the mood to do lace. With my grandson, Bronson, around its difficult to get into the lace mood when he looks so cute in red cables, and Wonderful Wallaby's, and handmade socks! However I think I've been bitten again and it's time to haul it out.

I just received a skein of Sea Silk from the Fleece Artist in the Midnight Colourway. It is beautiful stuff. The minute I took it from the wrapping I could tell. It felt like real silk. Heavy and lucious! I've used lots of zephyr which is 50% silk and 50% wool, but this stuff...wow. Its 70% silk and 30% seacell and I can't believe I haven't cast on yet. I think I'll just make the Storm Water Scarf that came with the yarn. I was sort of holding back until I finished my Java Ribs and my Jaywalkers, but I realized last night, as I turned the heal of the Jaywalkers I don't like them, I don't want to knit them. Therefore they are destined for the frog pond. Soon. Today! Then I can justify that I must cast on the Sea Silk as the Java Ribs are a good take-a-long or mindless knitting and I need a project thats a little more challenging. What! The red cables? The Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend Shawl? The Fairisle? Huh? But I've got Fleece Artist Sea Silk!

No comments: